Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sorority Sister's Sidekick

Snow Day, Snow Day, Snow Day. We are on number two, and I needed a break from my endless graduate reading.

If you don't know Malibu, you are missing out. She is my Brussels Griffon puppy dog. She will be 1 on March 15 and was a 1/2 gift from my fiance before we were engaged.

I come from a family who sticks with large breed dogs. I think this deprivation led me to the tiny, bratty, yip-yappy, tea cup breeds. What drew me in to the Brussels Griffon breed was the fact that they were low on the shedding scale and would only reach 5-8 pounds in weight. AKA- my own personal doll that I could always carry around and dress up! Also, there is a short haired breed, which means minimal upkeep with the grooming. Double bonus!

Now, some of my sisters think my precious baby girl is a gremlin. Or an alien. (Based off her baby pictures... I think it is a coin toss)




I went ahead and did a fashion shoot so you could be the judge. I also did the shoot because I wanted to show off the ridiculous outfits both Doli (my mom) and myself have purchased for Malibu. I will say that Malibu is Doli's first grandchild and insists on being called G-Gers when talking with Malibu.

There is no animal cruelty going on, but some of the outfits were purchased for the 4 pound Malibu, and currently she has grown to 7 pounds.

Please enjoy - Snow Day Fashion Show 2011


Gearing up for the runway. We will need all the puppy treats we can find! Bribery is always the best policy.




Her Princess bed is the favorite spot to curl up on a snow day.



When going out into the white fluff, she prefers her pink poof jacket vest.




After frolicking in the snow, she likes to curl up with her pink snuggie! Please note the army print bow... So sorority.


She really doesn't like dressing up-- Thank goodness for treats!



There is a game tonight, so Malibu is all bundled up supporting her Cowboys! Go Pokes!



Speaking of Cowboys, look at her western cowboy costume. In honor of her favorite movie-- Toy Story!



Halloween costumes were a different subject entirely! She loved being a fairy... Especially the halo.


But if there was a holiday that required lots of clothes.. it was Christmas. In tribute to Santa and Baby Jesus, here are the outfits she rocked for the holidays.



Bow and cutsie skirt!



Mrs. Claus!



Brother (Coors) chewed up her Santa Baby shirt. Mom was NOT happy.



Christmas tree T-shirt, don't trust brother enough to let her wear it freely.



The Ultimate Doggy Tacky Christmas Sweater. She would have loved an invite to Meet Me Under the Mistletoe!



Finally, she still sometimes has puppy tendencies... This calls for a diaper. Pink checkers, of course! And a bow to match!


Fashion show over! Yay for the bed and a treat.

I realize this post might have revealed my candidacy for becoming the next "Pet Hoarder" or "Cat/Dog Lady," but I doubt this will ever materialize. Reasons: Not only is Malibu a brat ... (Top felonies: Chewed on my Sperry's and ripped up my initiation blanket) ... but she is expensive ... (food, toys, shots, clothes, treats, etc.) I only have enough cash and patience for one small breed dog at a time!

My final thing I'd like to say about Malibu is my special Malibu voice... Only a proud mom would come up with such an obnoxious, high-pitched voice. If you are lucky, I might demonstrate it for you.

Happy Snow Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment